A traumatic brain injury is a serious incident that can profoundly impact a person’s quality of life. The effects of a brain injury are often long-term, resulting in physical, mental, emotional, and financial changes.
If you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of another, contact NW Injury Law Center today to discuss your case. You may be eligible to pursue compensation for your head or brain injuries.
Why Choose Us?
NW Injury Law Center is committed to fighting for compensation on your behalf for brain injuries sustained due to negligence.
- We have over 35 years of legal experience successfully representing clients who have been wrongfully injured by others.
- Our team of personal injury attorneys has a proven record of results, with millions of dollars recovered for our clients, including a $1.6 million verdict for a pedestrian accident case resulting in brain injury.
- We offer our services on a contingency fee basis – we represent you with no upfront costs, only collecting legal fees if we secure a verdict or settlement on your behalf.
As longtime residents of the Portland/Vancouver region, we care about our local clients, and do everything in our power to ensure you receive the help you truly deserve.
Why You Need an Attorney for Brain Injury Cases
At NW Injury Law Center, we take care of all the legal proceedings necessary in order to secure compensation for your brain injury. This includes:
- Taking care of any and all paperwork that is required to properly file a claim.
- Gathering evidence, such as photos, police reports, and medical records to substantiate your claim.
- Speaking with experts to determine who is liable for your brain injury.
- Negotiating with insurance companies to ensure you are not getting an offer that is far below what is required to make a full recovery.
- Taking your case to a trial if necessary, to receive the compensation you deserve.
We take on all the legal work so that you can put your energy into healing and recovery.
Types & Causes of Brain Injuries
There are two different types of brain injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are the most common, caused by sudden physical trauma to the brain, such as a blow to the head. This includes concussions and brain contusions, along with more severe cases such as diffuse axonal injuries and coup-contrecoup brain injuries.
- Non-traumatic brain injuries are caused by non-physical means. This may include infections, tumors, stroke, or bleeding in the brain (also known as a brain hemorrhage). This can also include hypoxia – an injury caused by lack of oxygen to the brain for a prolonged period of time.
Both types of brain injuries can be caused by a number of different ways. This includes:
- Car, motorcycle, and truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls
- Negligent security
- Drowning accidents at a pool or beach
- Medical malpractice
Who is Liable in a Brain Injury Case?
After a serious brain injury, determining who was at fault for the injury can often be complicated. It can involve:
- Other drivers or motorists
- Property owners
- Any security guards or lifeguards protecting the premises
- Manufacturers selling a defective product
- Doctors, nurses, or other medical staff who may have contributed
At NW Injury Law Center, we have the knowledge and experience to accurately determine who is liable for your injury, so that we can pursue them for the maximum possible compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Today
All brain injuries have serious, life-altering consequences – and if negligence was a factor, you deserve compensation. If you or a loved one suffered a serious brain injury in an accident, contact NW Injury Law Center in Vancouver to immediately to discuss your options. Let us help you on the path to full recovery.