If you have been in a car accident in Camas, Washington, the attorneys at the NW Injury Law Center can help you protect your legal rights. Our Camas personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping car accident victims and their surviving loved ones move forward. We will do what it takes to guide you through the car accident claims process, get the case outcome that you deserve and help you move forward. We can resolve any problems and challenges that may arise during your car accident case for optimal results.
What Sets Us Apart?
- We have more than 35 years of experience representing clients during car accident claims and other types of personal injury lawsuits.
- We are passionate about holding wrongdoers accountable for automobile accidents in Camas. We are committed to the safety of our community.
- Our lawyers offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. This means you won’t pay us a dime unless we win your case.
Is Washington a Fault or No-Fault State?
Washington is a fault state, not a no-fault state. This means that after an auto accident, an injured victim files a claim with the insurance company of the at-fault party. In a no-fault state, on the other hand, victims file claims with their own insurance providers, without regard to fault. In Washington, a fault-based claim against another driver can result in greater financial compensation than a first-party insurance claim. However, you or your attorney must prove fault based on a preponderance of the evidence to be eligible for compensation. A preponderance of the evidence is clear and convincing evidence that the defendant more likely than not caused your car accident.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Camas
If you get into a car accident, there are certain steps that you should take to preserve your rights and enhance your odds of obtaining a fair settlement from an insurance company. These steps include:
- Checking for injuries and rendering aid to others, if necessary.
- Not admitting fault for the crash.
- Calling 911 immediately to report the car accident.
- Exchanging information with the other driver.
- Taking photographs of vehicle damage and the scene of the crash as a whole.
- Going to a hospital in Camas without delay for medical care.
- Obtaining copies of your police report and medical documents.
- Filing an insurance claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer.
- Not signing anything from the insurance company.
- Consulting with an attorney before accepting an insurance settlement.
One of the most important steps is to understand what your legal options are before accepting a settlement. Your future could be on the line as a crash victim. Contacting a lawyer from the NW Injury Law Center right away can help you build a stronger claim to financial compensation.
“Damages” is the legal term for the monetary recovery that may be available to you after an automobile accident in Washington. A successful car insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit for a car crash could result in both economic and noneconomic damages, including:
- Medical bills (present and future)
- Lost wages
- Disability costs
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
It is important to understand the true value of your car accident claim before negotiations with an insurance company. Otherwise, you may settle for less than your case is worth. Our lawyers will give you an accurate case estimate and help you go up against an insurer for maximum compensation.
Request a Free Consultation With a Car Accident Lawyer in Camas Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Camas, contact the NW Injury Law Center as soon as possible for a free case review. We are here for you and your family when you need counsel, advice and legal representation from a reputable car accident lawyer in Camas. Our attorneys will go above and beyond to secure the results that you need. Request your free consultation today at (360) 695-1624 or by sending us a message online.