Being injured in a car accident is a devastating experience that can have lasting effects on your physical and emotional well-being. It is important to know how to protect yourself on a legal level as a car accident victim before you head into the insurance claims process. You may need a car accident attorney in Salmon Creek to advocate for your rights, such as someone from the experienced team at NW Injury Law Center. Our lawyers can help you put your life back together after a car accident.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- We offer free initial consultations, where you can speak directly to a car accident attorney and get legal advice in Salmon Creek at no cost or obligation to hire us.
- Our lawyers have more than 35 years of legal experience handling car accident lawsuits, as well as truck, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian collisions.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis on all personal injury cases, meaning you will only pay for our legal services if we win your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
In Washington, it is necessary to determine the cause of your car accident before you can file an insurance claim. This is because the state’s fault-based insurance system places liability (financial responsibility) on the insurance provider of the at-fault party. In other words, if the other driver is at fault for your crash, they will pay for your losses. Common causes of car accidents in Salmon Creek include:
- Driver inattention
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving
- Red-light running
- Broken traffic laws
- Improper lane changes
- Speeding or aggressive driving
- Wrong-way driving
- Road defects, such as potholes
Driver error is the top cause of vehicle collisions in Washington. All drivers must carry insurance to pay for the accidents that they cause. It is possible, however, to have an injury claim against a different party after a car accident, such as the government for an unsafe roadway or the manufacturer of your vehicle for a defective part.
Washington Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Injuries
Washington has a law known as a statute of limitations that places a deadline on an injured car accident victim’s right to file a lawsuit. With rare exceptions to the rule, the statute of limitations is three years under the Revised Code of Washington section 4.16.080. If you wait too long after your car accident to try to file a claim, you may find that the courts refuse to hear your case, meaning you cannot recover financial compensation. This is why it is important to talk to an attorney near you as soon as possible after a crash.
What Compensation Can I Receive?
If you meet your deadline to file and have a valid claim against a driver or another party for an automobile accident, you may receive financial compensation (also known as damages) for several different types of losses from that party’s insurer. These damages may include:
- All past and future medical expenses tied to your car accident
- The price to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
- Lost wages from any time that you had to take off of work
- Out-of-pocket expenses and travel costs
- Physical pain and emotional suffering from the car accident
Every car accident case is unique when it comes to its financial value. To find out how much your case is worth before you accept an insurance settlement, consult with an attorney at NW Injury Law Center.
Contact a Salmon Creek Car Accident Attorney Today
We understand that many car accidents are life-changing for victims. Our Salmon Creek car accident lawyers will make sure that you have everything you need to make it through this difficult time. We stand up for the rights of injured drivers, passengers, pedestrians and others in Salmon Creek, Washington. Please contact our local lawyers online or call (360) 695-1624 today to speak to one of our attorneys for free.